What is HUNT DOWN HUNGER?
HUNT DOWN HUNGER is a campaign to help increase the amount of nutritious game meat donated to feed the hungry of local communities across America. The campaign encourages greater hunter participation, and increased public support for the various “hunters for the hungry” programs nationwide that invite hunters to donate meat to feed people in need.
Where can I donate deer and elk?
Over 35 venison donation programs help hunters in nearly 40 states feed individuals, children and families who are food insecure. You can donate legally harvested deer and elk to hundreds of participating butcher shops at a free or reduced cost because these programs help pay the meat processing bills. The meat is then given to hunger relief charities and ministries such as food banks and homeless shelters.
How much meat do hunters donate each year?
An average deer can provide 40 pounds of lean, nutritious meat – enough for 160 meal servings of spaghetti sauce, tacos, chili, and more. Hunters collectively donate an astounding 10 million meal servings of meat to the hungry each year. Currently just 1 to 2 percent of the deer harvested across the nation are donated. Together we can do so much more!
How can I help?
- HUNTERS – Locate a butcher participating with a venison donation program and donate your deer.
- SUPPORTERS – Make a tax-deductible gift to support the work of a venison donation program.
- VOLUNTEERS – Contact a venison donation program to learn about opportunities to help.
- SPONSORS – Contact a venison donation program to learn about sponsorship opportunities.
- MEDIA – Include interviews and information about venison donation in your deer hunting coverage.
Contact us today!
Phone (toll-free): 866-438-3434 Email: email@example.com
Where to Donate – Participating Butchers!
Use the map below to find Participating Butchers who work with our ministry, along with website links to Other Venison Donation Programs found in states across America. Participating butcher lists for these other programs can be found at their individual websites.
We recommend contacting the butcher ahead of time to verify current participation status!