Hunt Down Hunger
What is HUNT DOWN HUNGER?
HUNT DOWN HUNGER is an awareness campaign intended to increase the amount of nutritious game meat that is donated by hunters to help feed the hungry of local communities each year. HUNT DOWN HUNGER encourages greater levels of hunter participation, and increased public support for the organizations that facilitate this donation effort across America.
What are Venison Donation Programs?
Our Farmers & Hunters Feeding the Hungry ministry is one of more than 35 different venison donation programs that help hunters in nearly 40 states feed individuals, children and families in need. These programs invite hunters to donate their legally harvested deer and elk to participating local butcher shops for processing. In most places the donation program pays the meat processing bill, and the meat is then used to assist hunger relief charities and ministries such as food banks and homeless shelters.
How Much Meat do Hunters Donate?
An average deer donation provides 40 pounds of lean, nutritious meat – enough for 160 meal servings of spaghetti sauce, tacos, chili, and more. Hunters collectively donate an astounding 10 million meal servings of meat to the hungry each year. But currently just 1 to 2 percent of the deer harvested across the nation are donated. Together we can do so much more!
Contact us to learn more today!
Ways you can help…
- HUNTERS – Locate a butcher participating with a venison donation program and donate your deer.
- SUPPORTERS – Make a tax-deductible gift to support the work of a venison donation program.
- VOLUNTEERS – Contact a venison donation program to learn about opportunities to help.
- SPONSORS – Contact a venison donation program to learn about sponsorship opportunities.
- MEDIA – Include interviews and information about venison donation in your deer hunting coverage.
Venison Donation Programs & Contacts
The searchable listing and map below includes the Local Volunteer Coordinators and Participating Butchers who work with our Farmers & Hunters Feeding the Hungry ministry. We also include listings for many Other Venison Donation Programs found in states across America. Participating butcher lists for the other programs can be found by visiting their individual websites.