We Respect Your Privacy!
We provide this notice explaining our online and off-line information practices.
Information We Collect & How We Use It
Two types of information are collected:
- Personal, or “individually identifiable” information you provide to us; and
- Standard web server/visitor traffic information, commonly referred to as “aggregate information,” regarding overall website traffic patterns. We do not report on individual user sessions. Normally, web servers collect this type of basic information as part of their web log processes.
Individually Identifiable Information
There are instances when FHFH requests individually identifiable information from its users. Examples include volunteer recruitment, information requests, contributions, etc. Individually identifiable user information we may request includes:
- First and last name, street address, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, and subject of inquiry (i.e., volunteering or information requests).
- Occasionally, FHFH may contact individuals who have provided their individually identifiable information through the website in order to conduct surveys seeking feedback. These surveys are used for quality assurance purposes, and to improve our level of service.
A user’s personal information is private and confidential. FHFH will not trade, share or sell a user’s personal information with anyone else, nor send mailings on behalf of other organizations.
In addition to information provided by our visitors, we use the normal Internet tracking tools associated with standard Internet protocols and web-based systems. This system information is typically stored in log files and the information is used for aggregate reporting. Aggregate reporting includes total number of visitors, most visited sections, peak traffic times, etc. Log files are simply transaction records web servers maintain. Those logs are used for recording information, such as:
- service provider IP addresses
- browser versions
- referring websites
- search terms used
- average number of pages requested
- average duration of visit
- total visitor traffic
We use aggregate information gathered from your visit to better design our website. This information supplies us with a broad picture of how people use our website in order to help the management of our systems and to better serve our audience.
We maintain records of all online and off-line contributions to FHFH including the donor’s email address, physical address and phone number. A donor’s personal information is private and confidential. FHFH will not trade, share or sell a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. Additionally, all information is stored in a secure location accessible only by authorized FHFH staff. FHFH may contact you with further communications. If you wish to restrict the use of your contact information by FHFH, you can choose to opt out from the following:
- Financial contribution activities
- Any contact with FHFH
Please let us know by:
a) Contacting the FHFH national office at 1-301-739-3000.
b) E-mailing FHFH at firstname.lastname@example.org.
c) Contacting FHFH via postal mail at:
Farmers & Hunters Feeding the Hungry
P.O. Box 323
Williamsport, MD 21795
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Sites
FHFH has links to other websites that are not under its control, and FHFH is not responsible for the contents of any linked website, or any link contained in a linked website, or any changes or updates to such websites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by FHFH of that website.
This privacy statement applies only to the FHFH website. Please be aware that FHFH is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that requests personal information from you.