Spring is here! It’s a time of renewed life and hope. It’s also a time when it’s easy to forget that our neighbors still need our help. When people face hunger, they often struggle to meet other basic needs such as housing, health care and transportation to work.
When children and families are facing hunger it’s not just hard to meet basic needs it’s hard to have hope. Hope can mean a lot to someone going through a difficult time. It can mean the difference between hanging on or giving up.
Hunger is not seasonal and there’s no better time to fight hunger than right now! We all know that giving is a good thing. Doing good for people in need makes us feel good, and provides a sense of accomplishment and pride. When you help someone in need it encourages them to help others. It inspires people to get involved to create a better community. We are asking you to “spring into action” today to help your neighbors who are struggling with hunger and give them hope. Why? Because it’s the right thing to do and it’s the kind thing to do!
Food pantries, food banks and feeding ministries often list protein as their top donation need. FHFH pays the cost to process deer and livestock donated to participating meat processors so there is no cost to the hunter or farmer donating or to the food pantry, food bank or feeding ministry receiving the much needed meat. We can’t do it alone – we need your help!
Please join with FHFH today and help people who are going through tough times. You’ll become part of a group of compassionate people dedicated to ending hunger, changing lives and making better communities! There are many ways you can “spring into action” against hunger:
- Give a financial gift to help pay the meat processing cost for donated deer and livestock.
- Donate deer or livestock to a participating FHFH meat processor.
- Start a new FHFH chapter in your community by becoming an FHFH coordinator.
- Volunteer to help with an existing FHFH chapter.
- Share FHFH with your friends, family, coworkers and on social media (Facebook and Twitter).
- Raise funds:
- Have a Facebook fundraiser.
- Have a yard sale.
- Have a board game, corn hole or ping pong tournament with family and friends and donate the entry fee.
- Get your kids involved. They’ll learn about giving back and helping people in need. Here are a few ideas for kids to get involved in the cause:
- Have a lemonade stand.
- Start a charitable donations jar.
On behalf of FHFH and all those in our country suffering from hunger, we THANK YOU for your continued interest and support of our mission.