September is Hunger Action Month and all across the nation Americans can stand together to fight hunger!
Hunger Action Month was established in 2008 and reminds us of the very real problem of hunger in our country. There are 41,204,000 hungry people in America! No one should go hungry.
Hunger Action Month is an opportunity for all of us to spread the word about hunger, take action and dedicate ourselves to a solution.You can help raise support and awareness for FHFH in the fight against hunger:
- Start an FHFH chapter in your community or volunteer with an existing chapter
- Like and share FHFH’s Facebook page
- Give a financial gift to FHFH and share on social media
- Donate deer or livestock and post a photo of your donation on social media
- Have a Facebook Fundraiser
- Shop at the FHFH online gift shop and share the gift shop on social media
- Shop at Amazon Smile, select FHFH as your charitable organization and share your donation on social media
- Sell on Ebay for Charity and share your sale on social media
- Give at work (CFC) and share your gift on social media
- Donate your vehicle and share your donation on social media
September is the beginning of hunting season in parts of our country and deer donations to FHFH will start to increase. Financial donations enable FHFH to pay participating meat processors a discounted rate to have donated deer and livestock processed and distributed to food banks and feeding programs. Since FHFH pays the meat processing fees there is no cost to the hunter donating deer, the farmer donating livestock, or those receiving the much needed meat – it’s a “win-win” situation!
On behalf of FHFH and all those in our country suffering from hunger, we THANK YOU for your support!
Farmers & Hunters Feeding the Hungry